Photo Credit: Susan B. Griffith
Now that the rains have abated, it is the perfect time to put on shoes and get some fresh air. Here are a list of benefits to walking from a leading medical professional, David B. Agus, MD:
- You'll prevent weight gain and perhaps walk off weight.
- You'll reduce your risk of cancer.
- You'll reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke.
- You'll reduce your risk of diabetes.
- You'll boost brain power and inspire creativity.
- You'll improve your mood.
- You'll relieve stress.
- You'll stimulate a connection to nature and encourage self-reflection.
- You'll gain a mental alertness on par with that you'd get from a cup of coffee.
- You'll live longer.
There are so many positive benefits to walking. Make sure to incorporate it into your day!
Agus, David B. A Short Guide to a Long Life. New York: Simon & Schuster Paperbacks, 2014. Print.